Salem News Channel

RSS Feed

Ceasefire or Not with Iran?

Ceasefire or Not with Iran?

Read More...

We Are Winning!

We Are Winning!

Read More...

Is the Ceasefire Over?

Is the Ceasefire Over?

Read More...

Pentagon's Hegseth Says Ceasefire With Iran Is Not Over

WASHINGTON, May 5 (Reuters) - U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said on Tuesday that the ceasefire with Iran was not over, even as the U.S. and Iran exchanged fire in the Gulf as they wrestled for control of the Strait of Hormuz. Hegseth said the U.S. had successfully secured a path through the critical waterway and that hundreds of commercial ships were lining up to pass through, as Washington seeks to break a chokehold Iran has asserted on the Strait of Hormuz since the conflict began on February 28. "We know the Iranians are embarrassed by this fact. They said they control the strait. They do not," Hegseth told a Pentagon news conference. The U.S. military says it sank six Iranian small boats and intercepted Iranian cruise missiles and drones, after President Donald Trump sent the navy to escort stranded tankers through the Strait of Hormuz in a day-old campaign he called "Project Freedom." Several merchant ships in the Gulf reported explosions or fires on Monday, the first day of the operation. General Dan Caine, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Iran attacked Oman once on Monday and waged three attacks on the United Arab Emirates, before adding that, at least so far, "today is quieter." Caine said that since the ceasefire was announced on April 7, Iran had fired at commercial vessels nine times and seized two container ships. Iran has attacked U.S. forces more than 10 times, he added. However, the attacks fell "below the threshold of restarting major combat operations at this point," Caine told reporters. Asked whether the ceasefire with Iran still held, Hegseth said: "No, the ceasefire is not over." "We said we would defend and defend aggressively, and we absolutely have. Iran knows that, and ultimately, the president can make a decision whether anything were to escalate into a violation of a ceasefire," he said. BLOCKADE The operation is Trump's latest effort to force an end to the disruption of international energy supplies caused by Iran's blockade of the strait, which carried a fifth of global oil and liquefied natural gas before the war. The U.S. Navy is also enforcing a maritime blockade of Iran, which prevents ships from going to Iran or departing Iranian territory. The two military operations seek to pressure Iran to strike a deal to end the conflict on Trump's terms. But Iran has countered that there is no military solution to the crisis, and it has threatened to fight for as long as necessary. The U.S. military said on Monday two U.S. merchant ships made it through the strait, with the support of Navy guided-missile destroyers. Iran denied any crossings had taken place, though shipping company Maersk said the Alliance Fairfax, a U.S.-flagged ship, exited the Gulf under U.S. military escort on Monday. Caine estimated 22,500 mariners embarked on more than 1,550 commercial vessels were stuck in the Gulf, unable to transit. "CENTCOM, along with partner nations, is in active communication with hundreds of ships, shipping companies and insurers," Hegseth said, referring to the U.S. military's Central Command, which leads operations in the Middle East. "All of these ships from all around the world want to get out of the Iranian trap that they have been stuck inside."

Read More...

Trump: Iran "Should Wave The White Flag Of Surrender"

WASHINGTON, May 5 (Reuters) - President Donald Trump on Tuesday dismissed Iran's military capability and said Tehran "should wave the white flag of surrender" but is too proud to do so. Trump told reporters in the Oval Office that Iran's military has been reduced to firing "peashooters" and that Tehran privately wants to make a deal despite its public sabre-rattling. "They play games, but let me just tell you, they want to make a deal. And who wouldn't, when your military is totally gone?" he said. Trump heaped praise on the U.S. blockade of Iranian ports in the region. "It's like a piece of steel. Nobody's going to challenge the blockade. And I think it's working out very well," he said. When asked what Iran would need to do to violate the ceasefire, Trump said: "Well, you'll find out, because I'll let you know ... They know what not to do." Trump said Iran "should save the white flag of surrender." "If this were a fight, they'd stop it," said Trump.

Read More...

Trump brings back Presidential Physical Fitness Award to schools

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Tuesday revived the Presidential Physical Fitness Award as part of his push to return an annual physical fitness test to America's schools. The award is tied to the Presidential Fitness Test, which was a public-school fixture for decades but was phased out under President Barack Obama in favor of a program that minimized competition and focused on long-term health. Trump signed an order last summer to reestablish the fitness test, which was created in the 1950s. “We’re bringing it back,” Trump said at an Oval Office ceremony alongside children and professional athletes. “My administration is working very hard to defend America’s cherished athletic traditions and pass our values of excellence and competitiveness to the next generation.” The earlier exam tested students on a battery of exercises, including a 1-mile run and sit-ups. Those scoring above the 85th percentile for their gender in each component of the test received the Presidential Physical Fitness Award, though details of the revived test have yet to be released. Trump unveiled the award at his desk while flanked by Cabinet members including Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Education Secretary Linda McMahon and Housing Secretary Scott Turner. They were joined by children who said they played sports including football, volleyball, hockey and golf. The test is being made mandatory for students at 161 schools located on U.S. military installations, Hegseth said in the Oval Office. He encouraged other schools across the country to follow. “We need young, strong, healthy Americans, whether you serve in the military or any other aspect of your life,” Hegseth said. “The idea that competition is bad is the beginning of decline of a nation.” Trump, an avid golfer and sports enthusiast, emphasized the importance of balancing both physical and mental fitness, saying that it's “all about the mind” at top levels of competition. He praised the athletes at the White House event while joking about his own fitness regimen. “I work out so much, like about one minute a day, max — if I’m lucky,” Trump said. Trump said he would be signing the first copy of the new award on Tuesday. After the Oval Office event, the kids were invited to the South Lawn to play sports to a soundtrack of songs like “YMCA” and “Eye of the Tiger." Trump joined outside as the kids putted at a green, kicked soccer balls and threw a baseball with pitcher Noah Syndergaard. The president connected the initiative to Kennedy's “Make America Healthy Again” agenda. Speaking alongside Trump, Kennedy said it was “very unfortunate” that Obama discontinued the test and cited increased obesity among American children. “We need to teach people how to win and how to lose and how to process victory and defeat,” Kennedy said.

Read More...

Trump’s Project Freedom Gaining Ground in the Strait

Trump’s Project Freedom Gaining Ground in the Strait

Read More...

Secret Service shoots gunman near White House

Welcome to Salem News Channel (SNC), your source for conservative news, in-depth analysis, and straightforward commentary on the stories shaping America. We cover U.S. politics, breaking news, and cultural issues with a focus on facts, accountability, and independent thinking. Subscribe for daily updates and stay informed. New videos daily! #ConservativeNews #USPolitics #PoliticalCommentary

Read More...

Connecticut wants ICE out – but would they actually enforce federal law?

Welcome to Salem News Channel (SNC), your source for conservative news, in-depth analysis, and straightforward commentary on the stories shaping America. We cover U.S. politics, breaking news, and cultural issues with a focus on facts, accountability, and independent thinking. Subscribe for daily updates and stay informed. New videos daily! #ConservativeNews #USPolitics #PoliticalCommentary

Read More...

President Trump is dealing with lunatics in Iran

Welcome to Salem News Channel (SNC), your source for conservative news, in-depth analysis, and straightforward commentary on the stories shaping America. We cover U.S. politics, breaking news, and cultural issues with a focus on facts, accountability, and independent thinking. Subscribe for daily updates and stay informed. New videos daily! #ConservativeNews #USPolitics #PoliticalCommentary

Read More...

Deadly U.S. Strikes in Caribbean Continue

The U.S. military says it has carried out another strike in the Caribbean, targeting a suspected drug-trafficking boat. Officials say two people were killed in Monday’s operation as part of an ongoing campaign launched in September. The broader operation has now reportedly killed at least 188 people, with activity intensifying in recent weeks. The military has not released evidence confirming the vessels were carrying drugs.

Read More...

Tennessee Redistricting Plan Targets Memphis Seat

Tennessee Republicans are considering a major redraw of congressional districts that could target the state’s only Democratic-held U.S. House seat in Memphis. Governor Bill Lee has called a special legislative session to consider the proposal. The plan could split a majority-Black district, potentially shifting political balance ahead of the midterm elections. Lawmakers cite a recent Supreme Court ruling that limited how race can be considered in redistricting. Critics argue the move could weaken Black voting power in West Tennessee.

Read More...

Pentagon: “Project Freedom” Targets Iran Shipping Threats

Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Dan Caine say the U.S. has launched “Project Freedom” to reopen the Strait of Hormuz amid rising tensions with Iran. Officials say Iran has repeatedly attacked commercial shipping, leaving thousands of mariners and more than 1,000 vessels stranded. The Pentagon says U.S. warships, aircraft, and troops have been deployed to secure the waterway, with American vessels already transiting safely. Officials describe the mission as temporary but warn forces are “locked and loaded” if Iran escalates, with the goal of restoring global trade flow and securing the route with allied support.

Read More...

Judge Questions Jail Treatment of Trump Attack Suspect

A federal judge is raising concerns about how a high-profile suspect is being held in a Washington, D.C. jail. The man—accused of attempting to storm the White House Correspondents’ Dinner and kill President Trump—was placed on strict suicide watch after his arrest. His attorneys say he was confined to a padded cell under 24-hour lockdown, with constant lighting and repeated searches. Jail officials have since eased those restrictions, but the judge says questions remain about whether the treatment may have been punitive.

Read More...

US, Iran clash as Hormuz tensions spike

U.S. forces are firing on Iranian boats as they work to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, a critical global shipping route. The military says six Iranian vessels were sunk during the operation. The United Arab Emirates, a key U.S. ally, says it was also targeted in a separate attack Monday—the first since a fragile ceasefire took hold in early April. Officials say two American-flagged ships have now safely transited the strait. Iran’s foreign minister is warning both the U.S. and the UAE not to be dragged back into a wider conflict.

Read More...

R.I.P Spirit Airlines

In this episode of the Carl Jackson Show, Carl dives into the latest news and shares his thoughts on the US-Iran tensions, the Spirit Airlines collapse, and the Biden administration's handling of the situation. He discusses the recent exchange of fire between the US and Iran, the American military's efforts to defend against Iranian drones and missiles, and the implications of the ongoing conflict. Carl also touches on the Spirit Airlines bankruptcy and the Biden administration's role in its demise, highlighting the airline's struggles during the COVID-19 era and the consequences of the administration's decisions. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carljacksonradio X/Twitter: https://twitter.com/carljacksonshow Parler: https://parler.com/carljacksonshow Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thecarljacksonshow http://www.TheCarlJacksonShow.com Visit our Store https://CarlJacksonStore.com

Read More...

Bill Maher Failed to Challenge Gavin Newsom

Bill Maher Failed to Challenge Gavin Newsom

Read More...

Gavin Newsom begins campaign for president?

Gavin Newsom Begins Campaign for President?

Read More...

Trump touts increase in Venezuela oil exports

President Donald Trump said on Monday (May 4) that “hundreds of millions" of barrels of oil are coming out of Venezuela as Washington seeks to deepen its involvement in the country’s energy sector. "We have a great relationship. We have hundreds of millions of barrels of oil coming out of Venezuela, going to Houston and different places to have it refined. And we're sort of, it's almost really a partnership," said Trump. "The big companies are coming in now and they're building these giant rigs because there's a lot of oil in Venezuela, there's a lot of other things too, and a lot of great people." Recent data shows Venezuela's exports are at roughly 1.2 million barrels per day, their highest level in years.

Read More...

First ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... Last

Salem News Channel Today

Sponsored Links

On Air & Up Next

  • The Hugh Hewitt Show
    12:00PM - 3:00PM
     
    Hugh Hewitt is one of the nation’s leading bloggers and a genuine media   >>
     
  • The Larry Elder Show
    3:00PM - 6:00PM
     
    Larry Elder personifies the phrase “We’ve Got a Country to Save” The “Sage from   >>
     
  • SEKULOW
    6:00PM - 7:00PM
     
    Logan Sekulow and Will Haynes are joined by Jordan Sekulow to discuss Justice   >>
     
  • The Mike Gallagher Show
    7:00PM - 10:00PM
     
    Trump warns Iran “clock is ticking” until U.S. launches harder strikes Trump   >>
     
  • That Kevin Show
    10:00PM - 12:00AM
     
    Broadcast from the heart of Times Square, Kevin McCullough takes America’s   >>
     

See the Full Program Guide