South Carolina AG Alan Wilson expressed confidence both in securing a new conviction and in his political team’s future success in South Carolina’s governor’s race.
In a historic address, Secretary of State Marco Rubio delivered one of the most consequential speeches since John Quincy Adams, reminding the nation of the unbreakable truth at its core: America was born from the Christian faith that shattered history’s stagnant cycles and launched the greatest civilization the world has ever known.
Thousands of people gathered on the National Mall in Washington Sunday for a daylong prayer rally described by organizers as a national “rededication” event.
President Donald Trump appeared in a prerecorded video message that included a reading from Scripture.
The event featured speakers highlighting Christianity’s role in American history and culture.
The rally was organized through a public-private partnership backed by the White House as part of broader events tied to the nation’s upcoming 250th anniversary celebrations.
A cruise ship tied to a deadly hantavirus outbreak has docked in the Netherlands for disinfection and quarantine procedures.
Officials say the MV Hondius arrived carrying 25 crew members and two medical personnel after all passengers had already disembarked.
Three passengers died during the outbreak, including a Dutch couple believed to have been exposed in South America.
At least 11 cases have been reported, with nine confirmed.
The ship will remain out of service until decontamination efforts are completed under Dutch public health guidelines.
The shutdown of the Long Island Rail Road entered a second day Sunday after unionized workers walked off the job over an ongoing contract dispute.
Five unions representing about half of the rail system’s workforce remain on strike as negotiations with the MTA continue.
Transit officials say limited shuttle bus service is being provided to help connect stranded commuters to New York City subway stations.
New York Governor Kathy Hochul is expected to address the situation as officials work to restore service.
The World Health Organization has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern.
Health officials say at least 80 people have died and hundreds of suspected cases are under investigation across the region.
The outbreak involves the Bundibugyo strain of Ebola, which currently has no approved vaccine or virus-specific treatment.
The CDC says the risk to the United States remains low, but emergency response teams are being deployed to assist with containment and monitoring efforts.
Two U.S. Navy jets collided and crashed during an air show Sunday at Mountain Home Air Force Base in Idaho.
Officials said all four crew members aboard the EA-18G Growlers safely ejected and are in stable condition. No injuries were reported on the ground.
Videos shared online showed parachutes opening in the sky as the aircraft fell near the base, located about 50 miles south of Boise.
The remainder of the air show was canceled following the crash.
Video circulating on social media appeared to capture the moment of impact and the crews ejecting from the aircraft.
May 15 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday that Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, second in command of ISIS globally, had been eliminated in an operation conducted by U.S. and Nigerian forces.
"Tonight, at my direction, brave American forces and the Armed Forces of Nigeria flawlessly executed a meticulously planned and very complex mission to eliminate the most active terrorist in the world from the battlefield. Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, second in command of ISIS globally, thought he could hide in Africa, but little did he know we had sources who kept us informed on what he was doing," Trump said in a post on Truth Social.
He also thanked the Nigerian government for its partnership in the operation.
Nigeria had earlier come under scrutiny from Trump who had said that Christians there were being persecuted, which the African nation's government denies.
The U.S. had struck what it said were Islamist bases in northwestern Nigeria on Christmas Day last year, following Trump's accusations.
WASHINGTON, May 15 (Reuters) - Israel and Lebanon have agreed to a 45-day extension of a ceasefire U.S. President Donald Trump declared on April 16, the U.S. State Department said on Friday.
"The April 16 cessation of hostilities will be extended by 45 days to enable further progress," State Department spokesman Tommy Piggott said.
The State Department cast Israel-Lebanon talks - held in Washington on Thursday and Friday - as "highly productive" and said the countries would reconvene negotiations on June 2 and June 3.
This week's talks were the sides' third meeting since Israel intensified air attacks on Lebanon after Hezbollah fired missiles at Israel on March 2, three days into the U.S.-Israeli war on Iran. Israel had widened its ground invasion into Lebanon's south last month.
Fought in parallel to the U.S.-Iran conflict, Israel's war in Lebanon has rumbled on since U.S. President Donald Trump declared a ceasefire on April 16, though hostilities have largely been contained to southern Lebanon since then.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Democratic Rep. Steve Cohen of Tennessee is ending his bid for reelection. He's just the latest lawmaker to have his career upended by the redistricting battles that are sweeping the country. Republicans in Tennessee this month enacted a new U.S. House map that carves up a Cohen’s majority-Black district, reshaping it to the GOP’s advantage. It's part of President Donald Trump’s strategy to hold on to a slim Republican majority in the November midterm elections. Cohen has represented his Memphis-based district for nearly two decades. He lamented that Tennessee would likely shift to an entirely Republican delegation after the next election.
MIAMI (AP) — The Justice Department is preparing to seek an indictment against former Cuban President Raúl Castro, three people familiar with the matter tell The Associated Press. The indictment would require approval by a grand jury. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to discuss an ongoing investigation. One of the people said the potential indictment is connected to Castro’s alleged role in the 1996 shootdown of planes operated by the Miami exile group. Prosecutors in Miami have been building cases against senior Cuban officials amid renewed pressure from south Florida Republicans and a pledge earlier this year by President Donald Trump to orchestrate a “friendly takeover” of the communist-run island
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Pentagon is drawing down thousands of troops in Europe by stopping units from deploying to Poland and Germany as opposed to yanking those already stationed there. Several U.S. officials confirmed that 4,000 troops from an Army brigade are no longer en route to Poland this week. The Trump administration had previously said it was cutting U.S. forces only in Germany. The deployment was canceled after Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth signed a memo directing a brigade combat team to be moved out of Europe. That's according to two U.S. officials. One of them said the choice of which unit was left to military leaders. The memo also led to the cancellation of an upcoming deployment to Germany.
Jennings is battle-tested on cable news, a veteran of four presidential >>Jennings is battle-tested on cable news, a veteran of four presidential campaigns, and a former Special Assistant to President George W. Bush. Now, he’s on a mission to arm listeners with common sense, crush liberal narratives, and help shape the . . . . <<
Americans need real reporting, honest analysis, and straight talk now more than >>Americans need real reporting, honest analysis, and straight talk now more than ever before. That’s why Bill O’Reilly is back with his daily radio feature, The O’Reilly Update. <<
Jennings is battle-tested on cable news, a veteran of four presidential >>Jennings is battle-tested on cable news, a veteran of four presidential campaigns, and a former Special Assistant to President George W. Bush. Now, he’s on a mission to arm listeners with common sense, crush liberal narratives, and help shape the . . . . <<
Hugh Hewitt is one of the nation’s leading bloggers and a genuine media >>Hugh Hewitt is one of the nation’s leading bloggers and a genuine media revolutionary. He brings that expertise, his wit and what The New Yorker magazine calls his “amiable but relentless manner” to his nationally syndicated show . . . . <<
Americans need real reporting, honest analysis, and straight talk now more than >>Americans need real reporting, honest analysis, and straight talk now more than ever before. That’s why Bill O’Reilly is back with his daily radio feature, The O’Reilly Update. <<
Salem Media, our partners, and affiliates use cookies and similar technologies to enhance your browsing experience, analyze site traffic, personalize site content, and deliver relevant video recommendations. By using this website and continuing to navigate, you consent to our use of such technologies and the sharing of video viewing activity with third-party partners in accordance with the Video Privacy Protection Act and other privacy laws.Privacy Policy